Monday, July 5, 2010

Listen to my poem, "Music from the Plaza."


I knew a blog would be lurking around the corner. My friend TJ helped me put this poem here.


The music is from May Day 2010, Jeremy Bleich composed it for Samba Fe. I wrote the poem last year. On July 19 at 7:00 PM there will be a reading of this poem and a passing of the giant pencil from Outgoing Laureate, Valerie Martinex, to me. The pencil is by Kathleen McCloud whose great work is at Ernesto Mayans Gallery. She took my writing classes years ago. This sculpture is called "Venus Velvet" and is a cousin to the one Kathleen is allowing me to show for my tenure as Poet Laureate. My accompanying sculpture is aptly called, "FUTURE." The photo when you play the poem is by Jamey Stillings, (c) 2010


Everyone is being so helpful to me and happy for me. Thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!